What Is Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that provide a permanent base for fixed or removable replacement teeth. They are a popular and effective solution for people who have lost one or more teeth due to injury, gum disease, or other reasons.
It is a small titanium abutment that is surgically placed in the jawbone. Once the implant has adhered to the surrounding bone and tissue, a dental crown is bonded to the implant, restoring the appearance and function of the missing tooth.
Also, it offers several advantages over traditional dentures and bridges. They look more natural and do not require changing the healthy teeth around them. They also provide a safe and stable base for tooth replacement, allowing for normal chewing and speaking.
Dental implants are a long-term solution to missing teeth, with a success rate of over 95%. Proper oral hygiene and regular dental check-ups are essential to ensuring the long-term health and stability of the implant.
If you have lost one or more teeth and are considering dental implants, it is important to consult a dentist to determine if they are a good option for you, and what better place than our clinic in Richmond Hill?
When Do I Need Implants Treatment
Dental implants are usually recommended when a person has lost one or more teeth due to injury, or gum disease, or other reasons. They are often considered a good choice for:
- Want a permanent solution for missing teeth? Implants provide a permanent base for fixed or removable replacement teeth and do not require the replacement of surrounding healthy teeth.
- Have a healthy jawbone: It requires a sufficient amount of healthy jawbone for proper placement and long-term stability.
- Desire to preserve jawbone structure: Traditional dentures and bridges can deteriorate the jawbone over time, but it helps preserve jawbone structure by stimulating the bone and keeping it healthy.
- The desire for improved appearance and function: It looks like natural teeth and allows for normal biting and chewing.
- Unable to wear dentures: Some people may find dentures uncomfortable or may not be able to wear them due to improper or loose dentures. Implants provide a stable base for replacement teeth that do not slip or move.
Result Of Implants
Dental implants typically produce a repaired, enhanced smile that feels and functions like a set of natural teeth. Dental crowns affixed to implants are sculpted into the desired shape and color, giving the final product a smooth and natural look.
The implanted teeth should be less sensitive after the operation and enable gnawing and eating normally. In addition, they provide a secure foundation for tooth replacement, enhance speech, and boost confidence.
it is a long-term treatment for missing teeth with a success rate of over 95%. With proper maintenance and care, such as good oral hygiene habits and frequent dental check-ups and cleanings, they can survive for many years.